How to attach double end dreadlocks and braids:
You will need a comb, clip, and durable rubber bands or braid. . The dreadlocks and braids are attached to the hair by braiding so they do not damage your own hair. There are two braiding methods, dreadlocks or braids can be braided with either a basic braid or a “Fishtail” braid. Second method is better for medium-length long hair than a regular braid, but for very short hair, the measurement is not enough for this braiding method. After attach of braids or dreads, the scalp can react to the weight of the scaffolds, but it gets used to this quickly.
Synthetic hair fiber is more rough than real hair and a very sensitive scalp can react to them. If your scalp is very sensitive, it is recommended to use genuine hair extensions. After braiding the dreads or braids , the scalp adapts to the scalp (weight, etc.) in a few days, but the use of scalp soothing hair is recommended. For example, Sim System 4T Climbazole scalp tonic (a Finnish product that is also in Kalve selection on hair products) is a tonic for scalp problems that can be used daily and does not necessarily need to be washed off, so it is also very suitable for use with synthetic braids and dreads.
1. Start at the neck, make the first division across the width of the neck and fasten the rest of the hair off the front. The transversely divided section is further divided vertically into smaller sections and you attach these to your dreadlocks or braids
2. Divide the section you made into two and place a check mark from the folding point in between. One side of the dreadlocks or braids points down with own hair and the other side up. This upward-facing side is attached with a clip to stay away from the front.
3. You now have three sections (2 sections of your own hair and one section of the dread or braid you are attaching) that you can braid with the braid of your choice. If the hair is long enough, it is recommended to use a Fishtail-braid.
4. After you have braided the dreadlocks or braids into your hair, fasten it made with two rubber bands and turn the dreadlocks above on top of it so that the braid remains hidden under the dreadlocks or braids. If you want to use braided thread for fastening, then braid the thread with the braid and finally tie so that the braid stays attached to the thread.
5. Continue making sections upwards with the brick-like technique and attach all the dreadlocks or braids as above.
Youtube is full of good instruction videos and you can search them with ”how to attach double-end dreadlocks” or ”how to attach double end dreadlocks fishstail-method”
How to take care of your synthetic dreadlocks:
When well kept, synthetic dreads last for many years, so it's worth investing in their care from time to time. The dreadlocks are made by hand from synthetic hair fiber, and in heavy use over time, an acidifying fiber may form on the surface of the dreadlocks.
This can be easily corrected with a straightening iron and a damp cotton cloth. Place the dreadlocks between the damp cloths and press the dreadlocks through the cloth with a straightening iron. A straightening iron and a damp cloth form steam, which condenses dreadlock again to look neat.
Please note that dreadlocks cannot be treated with a straightening iron alone, as the fiber cannot withstand strong direct heat.
Washing instructions for synthetic dreadlocks and braids:
Because dreadlocks and braids are synthetic fiber, they don't get dirty and greasy like real hair, and unnecessary washing should be avoided. Often ventilation of the dreadlocks Or braids alone is sufficient. If you want to wash the dreadlocks, it is recommended to use diluted shampoo, the conditioner should not be used. Washing should be done gently so that no acidifying fiber forms on the surface of the dreadlocks. Rinse thoroughly to remove detergent.
When braided into the hair, the dreadlocks can be used at once for two / three weeks up to 1.5 months, so how to wash the dreadlocks off?
-Your hair doesn't get greasy when braided, often just washing your scalp is enough. The best way to do this is to lather the shampoo with a sponge on the scalp and rinse off. If you want to wash both your hair and dreadlocks, you should set aside time for this, as dreadlocks naturally take a long time to dry. You can help with drying by squeezing out excess water with a towel and blowing the dryer coolly. Dry your hair and dreadlocks thoroughly before doing any buns.
After using the dreadlocks:
Keep the dreadlocks Or braids braided for a maximum of 1.5 months, because after this your own hair will already start to tangle on its fibrous web and it can be difficult to remove. Difficult removal can damage your own hair, so it is important that you follow the care instructions.
Depending on the quality of the hair, about 100-150 hairs a day drip from a person naturally. When the hair is braided, these hairs cannot fall out but remain inside the braid. After removing the dreadlocks, these naturally dripped hair all leave at once, so there is no need to worry about the amount of hair coming off. Allow your scalp to rest for a few days before reinstalling the dreadlocks.